Molecules in Motion

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Thing #12

I think the very first tip about commenting was very improtant "write a meaningful comment". I'm not blessed with the gift of gab and tend to get to the nuts and bolts of a discussion. I'm very factual but really appreciate those people out there who can express themselves with beautiful language and build upon information already.

The third article had a tip stating "When in doubt...ask". Where do I start? Commenting is like being in a room full of strangers and you're trying to make friends by joining a conversation you know nothing about. But...How do we learn????? ASk!

More to come...

I really like working in the kitchen and trying to cook. "trying being the operative word here. So, I checked out a menu planning blog and found a really interesting recipe for potroast.


3 comments:

Cheryl Laucher said...

"...tend to get to the nuts and bolts of a discussion." Hey, you wouldn't happen to be a SCIENCE teacher, now would you? :-)

Keep playing...you're doing great!

Mamalibearian said...

You just have to jump in and do it! After a while, it does get easier!

AWM said...

I really identified with your comment because I have way too much gift of gab and therefore am wary of posting, writing letters to the editor etc. because maybe I'm just being chatty. You know? So we are a little alike for opposite reasons.

I just read a tip about furthering conversations in a magazine. The author suggested using the "Yes, and..." technique. The first remark is incorporated into the answer in someway and then additional information is thrown out. Maybe that can be adapted to blogging. I'm keeping it in the back of my mind. What do you think?