Molecules in Motion

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thing #15

The first article titled " Away from Icebergs" really opened my eyes to what a library needs to become. If I understand the reading correctly, a library is no longer the only source of information, but is a source to help us collect our information from sources other than a traditional library. It's sort of like ordering many different products from one source on the internet, such as amazon.com. I love this thought!

The idea that a library is a life in itself I found poignent and inviting. How many times have I retreated to the library to find a calm and quiet place to focus on reading and information related tasks? Too many to count. Even when my son attends story time at our local library, I enjoy the atmosphere and learning opportunities created by the librarians and library aids.

Ahh....warm fuzzies and hot chocolate for libraries!

1 comment:

VWB said...

thank you...we will take all the fuzzies we can get!! :-)
and the chocolate too...looks like a wonderful selection on your side bar!

and your little one, big enuff to go to story time....I am getting old!